Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Applying for a PhD

Alhamdulillah, I've settled few things regarding a PhD application. Planning to go to UK, applying to US..at last I'm going to Australia. Insya-Allah. But...I'm still thinking because since I got 2 choices. Which one better?
This time I have to ask My Lord. Istiqarah is the best way. Especially when it comes to a very big decision. It's about my life. I still remember someone's word - "Sometimes, certain things may be best for others but might not necessarily best for us." So, whatever beyond our rationale, leave it to Allah. He knows Best and He is the Best Knower.

Allah says in Surah Al-Baqarah:

كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَى أَن تَكْرَهُواْ شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَى أَن تُحِبُّواْ شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ {216}

"Fighting (in the cause of Allah) is prescribed for you, although you dislike it. Yet it may happen that you dislike a thing while it is good for you; and it may happen that you love a thing which it is evil for you; surely Allah knows, and you know not." 

It's true. Perhaps, we may hate a thing which it is good for us, and perhaps, we may love a thing that is bad for us. So, Allah Knows Well. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment